The educational potential offered by e-learning makes it one of the preferred methods of training and career recycling. It has been successfully used in different areas of education as in second language training, office systems, programming or H&S. So with a good online platform and good didactic materials we can disseminate a enormous amount of knowledge.
For this reason there is an increasing interest on the part of companies to use this technology for the learning & development implementation.
These are some of the advantages of e-learning:
- Accessible: Students can start a course where and when they want to. They just need a computer connected to the internet.
- Adaptable: E-learning allows student to set their own learning timetables with total autonomy.
- No agglomerations: Courses can take as many students as needed, their participation can be managed and a quick and flexible manner.
- Participative: The use of communication tools in e-learning platforms such as forums, chats, etc. allows a permanent horizontal communication between the students and the teacher.
- Economical: Cuts on expenses such transportation fees, reting spaces or expensive didactic material.
- Scalable: Didactic contents can be amplified, modified and improved at any time.
- Exportable: Didactic contents can be made in standard formats which allow their installation in other platforms, this is actually a new market niche.
- Platform development
In order to provide e-learning it is essential to implement and Learning Management System (LMS). These are some of the characteristics of the type of LMS we implement:
- Customized design of the platform: according to the needs of the client and searching a balance between a striking design (adapted to the corporate image of the company or entity) and an effective design (easy to use and navigate for the user) two essential elements in this type of training tools.
- Interactive didactic content: Standard format SCORM 1.2.y SCORM 2004. In the platform we can also include other formats AICC, PDF, WORD, HTML & FLASH.
- User & Role Management: From the administrator to the student, tutors, content creator, etc.
- Interactive elements: questionnaires, polls and questions.
- Multilingual support: allows the use of different languages for the management and use of the platform.
- Backups: of the platform content. This includes the content, design, info of the users, etc.
- Modular Implementation: to regularly increase the services of the platform.
- E-learning content
- Another service we offer is the adaption of didactic content from any type of digital format to the standard format SCORM (1.2 & 2004). This interactive format makes learning much more effective as audiovisual material can be inserted: audio, video, Flash animation, etc. This format will also allow us to export the content onto other platforms.
- Besides the adaption of learning content to SCORM format, I also develop interactive activities and games that can be inlaid in the course making it more dynamic and attractive
I excel in the design and development of Moodle LMS Platforms so as to provide economical and easy solutions to the educational community. These are some of the reasons for using Moodle:
- Currently there are more than 58 million Moodle users, distributed in 216 countries.
- Moodle is free software. With an open source and with a great network of developers which constantly improve its support by developing new tools.
- It provides a high level of security.
- It respects web standards.
- There are a great amount of updates and complements available.
- Great level of customization using standard languages.
On the other hand, these are some of the functional features that make Moodle the most useful tool in the world of e-learning:
- Social constructivism (collaboration, activities, feedback, etc.)
- Useful for online training, but can also be used to manage in-class training.
- Easy to use by means of an efficient browser interface.
- It is easy to introduce and modify content by means of a visual editor.
- Different formats for online courses: weekly, by subject or social.
- Includes different activities such as tasks, dialogues, chats, forums, glossaries, wikies, questionnaires and meeting points.
- Report export in excel sheet or text docs.
- Monitoring student activity by means of detailed reports.
- Creation of backup copies of courses
- And many more features that can be seen here.